Wednesday, January 4, 2012

It's 5am Somewhere...

I've always wanted to be one of those people that rise before the sun does and heads off to the gym to start their day. After 26 years of getting to know myself I have came to the conclusion that this will never happen for me...

According to www.sleepfoundation.org adults need 7 - 9 hours of sleep a night. According to the way I feel in the morning after waking up at 6 to take my son to school, I need 10 or 11 hours (sometimes 12 even feels great) of sleep! According to experts I have the sleeping schedule of a 3 - 5 year old. So I thought about this, as I do most things that have no real significance. After researching (who doesn't love Google?) I have came to the conclusion that I am always tired because I suffer from Parenting Fatigue. There, the secret is out. Parenting is exhausting, who knew right?

Apparently, when you have babies and small children in your home, you find yourself constantly sleepy because you are not resting at night. Parental protectiveness will not allow your body to relax enough to fall into a deep sleep. Great, not only is my little monster screaming in the background as I write this, but even while he's sleeping he is unconsciously pestering me. The remedy...time and birth control!

So you see, while I may not be at the gym at 5am because of this newly developed illness I have discovered, you are more likely to see me out running at noon, or utilizing the gym daycare while exceeding my 30 minute weight session just to get a break. I, however, will not let Parenting Fatigue keep me from working out at some point in time during my day. Does anyone else have any excuses you would like me to analyze for you? ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment